Old Hill Street Police Station Light Box
The Old Hill Street Police Station (OHSPS) was constructed by the Public Works Department as part of a massive infrastructural project to improve the facilities of the police force. This six-storey high building comprised a police station, charge room, offices and garages. In addition, the OHSPS also provided living quarters for both married and single police officers who could be easily mobilised in the event of an emergency. At the time of its completion in 1934, the building was the largest police barracks in British Malaya. The police force occupied the building until 1980. In 1998, the building was gazetted as a national monument and continues to house offices of government departments.
- 21.4cm x 4.4cm x 14.2cm
- Paper cut-out of the Old Hill Street Police Station
- Battery-operated (3 x AA; batteries not included)
- Warm yellow light
- Comes in a custom-designed box